The Forensic Science Regulator Act 2021 enforces a statutory code of practice for forensic science activities. This covers both crime scene investigation (ISO 17020) and forensic laboratory testing activities performed by forensic organisations (ISO 17025).
Bywater’s dedicated ISO 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Applications training courses have been developed for Forensic Staff within the private and public sectors, including police forces across the UK. The courses incorporate the standard’s requirements and focus on specific Forensic Science Regulators (FSR) requirements and ILAC documents.
Our Tutor-led courses are available on a dedicated basis at your premises, a venue of your choice or online through your preferred video conferencing platform such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Courses include engaging workshops and can be tailored based on your requirements, for example our ISO 17025 training courses can be tailored for staff involved in Digital Forensics through focusing on more specific FSR requirements for validation and specific types of Digital Forensic examinations. Please select the following link to request a quote.
Our Consultants are experts in their field and can provide additional support in the form of consultancy including undertaking a gap analysis and providing support implementing your management system. Please follow the link to find out more.
Forensics Course Listing
- Designed for those needing to understand the laboratory accreditation process as applied to Forensic Science Laboratories
- Provides an awareness of the requirements of ISO17025 and the related key aspects of the Forensic Science Regulator (FSR) Forensic science providers: codes of practice and conduct as well as the International Laboratory Accreditation Conference ILAC G19:08/2014 Modules in a Forensic Science Process.
- Two-day interactive course developed for delegates working within Forensic Laboratories
- Provides delegates with the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit
- Understand Forensic Scene Regulator (FSR) Codes of Practice
- Developed to suit the needs of forensic inspection bodies, most notably those involved in crime scene investigation
- The two-day course explores ISO/IEC 17020 and other key requirements for forensic inspection bodies including ILAC-G19 reference document for CSI-Forensics
- One day introduction to ISO/IEC 17020 with specific reference to forensic applications inclusive of Forensic Science Regulator (FSR) guidance
- Provides delegates with an understanding of the accreditation process and the role of inspection Bodies
- Understand the fundamentals of ISO/IEC 17020 and develop implementation skills, including performing a gap analysis, creating high level process maps, understanding risks and opportunities of implementation, and developing an implementation plan
- The course explores ISO/IEC 17020 and other key requirements for forensic inspection bodies including FSR/ILAC requirements
Network Rail|21st Oct, 2021
Private|19th Oct, 2021
Truck-Lite Europe Ltd|19th Oct, 2021
Ascertain Forensics|18th Oct, 2021
Forensic Collision Investigation Network|16th Oct, 2021
Network Rail|14th Oct, 2021
Network Rail|13th Oct, 2021
Unilever UK Ltd|11th Oct, 2021
Network Rail|11th Oct, 2021
Forensic Collision Investigation Network|11th Oct, 2021
Forensic Collision Investigation Network|7th Oct, 2021
Diageo Plc|6th Oct, 2021