DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
ISO/IEC 17020:2012 is an international standard that sets out requirements for the competence of bodies performing inspection activities. This ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Internal Auditor Training Course has been developed to suit the needs of forensic inspection bodies, most notably those involved in crime scene investigation.
The course revolves around a crime scene role play through which delegates develop their skills and understanding of how to prepare, conduct and follow up on internal audits with reference to ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and forensic based documents. These documents ensure that Forensic Inspection Bodies demonstrate compliance with the Forensic Science Regulators Code of Practice and Conduct in addition to documents from the National Accreditation Body and ILAC.
Delegates that successfully complete this Forensic Internal Auditor Training Course will be able to apply ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and forensic based documents to develop compliant and effective processes within their accredited activities.
- Quality and the Role of Inspection Bodies
- Quality Management Standards and ISO/IEC 17020 Requirements
- Classification of inspection bodies
- ILAC-G19 reference document for CSI-Forensics
- FSR Code of Practice and Conduct
- How to perform effective management system and process audits
- How to construct an audit program and checklists
- Evaluation of the system and the impact of audit findings
- Risks to Impartiality
- Documented Systems
Who Should Attend
- Those looking to perform internal audits on forensic inspection bodies, most notably crime scene investigators
- Personnel who want to understand requirements for forensic inspection bodies accredited to ISO/IEC 17025
- Organisations seeking ISO/IEC accreditation
- Staff looking to develop auditing skills and a better understanding of ISO/IEC 17020
Delegates that attend this ISO 17020 forensic training course will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and other related documents on forensic bodies involved in inspection activities
- conduct opening meetings and plan for an audit
- objectively conduct forensic audits and assess the compliance of an inspection body to ISO/IEC 17020
- contribute towards the continuous improvement of impartiality and consistency in conducting inspection activities
Held at your premises, a venue of your choice or online, the 2 day ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Internal Auditor Course can be scheduled to take place on a date which is convenient for your team. The course encompasses modules and interactive workshops, encouraging team discussions on topics such as ‘Audit Planning’, ‘Performing the Audit’ and ‘Corrective Actions’.
Thomas Dudley Ltd|11th Feb, 2020
Sportsafe UK Limited|15th Jan, 2020
SATRA|15th Jul, 2019
Carl Zeiss Ltd|15th Jul, 2019
Howdens Joinery|9th Jul, 2019
SGS|24th Jun, 2019