CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day course encompasses modules and interactive workshops, encouraging team discussions on topics such as ‘risks to impartiality’, ‘audit situations’ and ‘nonconformity reporting’.
Students will leave the course with a better understanding of audit principles and the skills to improve evaluation and communication, develop more professional reporting, and implement corrective action programmes.
- individuals wishing to perform internal audits within inspection bodies
- quality managers and supervisors
- companies seeking or maintaining ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- Registrar/Accreditation Body auditors
- existing QMS internal auditors intending to expand their skills in the area of assessment of inspection bodies
- supplier quality auditors wishing to evaluate suppliers of inspection services
For those in forensic disciplines, we recommend viewing our ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Internal Auditor training course.
This course incorporates our Introduction to ISO 17020 training course, so no prior knowledge is required.
- quality management and the role of inspection bodies
- classification of inspection bodies (Type A, B and C)
- overview of ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and its relationship with other related standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025)
- coordination of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17020
- how to construct an audit programme
- audit planning, horizontal, vertical audits and checklists
- the concept of ‘risk-based’ audit
- effective auditing techniques
- witnessing tests and calibrations
- evaluating the significance of audit findings
- methods for improving communication skills during the audit
- how to report the findings and conclusions
- developing and implementing corrective action
- sources of information and further development
- interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 Conformity Assessment as it relates to management system standards
- undertake an effective quality management system audit based on ISO/IEC 17020 in accordance with ISO 19011
- objectively assess the compliance of an inspection body and identify areas to improve competency
- implement continuous improvement through the use of corrective and preventive action
For those in forensic disciples, we recommend viewing our ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Internal Auditor training course.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Deca - Defence Electronics And Components Agency|16th May, 2022
Alpha Tech|9th May, 2022
ASA Associates|6th May, 2022
Chemical Intelligence Limited|20th Apr, 2022
West Yorkshire Police|14th Apr, 2022
Edinburgh Instruments Ltd|13th Apr, 2022
Intech Calibration Ltd|28th Feb, 2022
Evoqua Water Technologies Ltd|21st Jan, 2022
Evoqua Water Technologies Ltd|11th Jan, 2022
O.C.O Technology Ltd|6th Jan, 2022
West African Health Organisation (WAHO)|23rd Dec, 2021
Financial Conduct Authority|20th Dec, 2021