This two day course will equip delegates with effective auditing techniques and increase their understanding of audit principles in relation to ISO/IEC 17020, in order to improve evaluation and communication, develop more professional reporting and implement corrective action programmes.
- Quality management and the role of inspection bodies
- Classification of inspection bodies (Type A, B and C)
- Overview of ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and its relationship with other related standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025)
- Coordination of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17020
- How to construct an audit programme
- Audit planning, horizontal, vertical audits and checklists
- The concept of ‘risk-based’ audit
- Effective auditing techniques
- Witnessing tests and calibrations
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings
- Methods for improving communication skills during the audit
- How to report the findings and conclusions
- Developing and implementing corrective action
- Sources of information and further development
- Individuals wishing to perform internal audits of inspection bodies
- Quality Managers and Supervisors
- Companies seeking ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- Registrar/Accreditation body Auditors
- Existing QMS internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of assessment of inspection bodies
- Supplier Quality Auditors wishing to evaluate suppliers of inspection services
By the end of this ISO/IEC 17020 Internal Auditing course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 as it relates to management system standards.
- Objectively assess the compliance of an inspection body and identify areas to improve competency.
- Develop continuous improvement that provides on-going future benefits to a company’s growth and success.
Participants should have a reasonable working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17020 or equivalent