CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day course encompasses modules and interactive workshops, encouraging team discussions on topics such as ‘risks to impartiality’, ‘audit situations’ and ‘nonconformity reporting’.
Students will leave the course with a better understanding of audit principles and the skills to improve evaluation and communication, develop more professional reporting, and implement corrective action programmes.
- individuals wishing to perform internal audits within inspection bodies
- quality managers and supervisors
- companies seeking or maintaining ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- Registrar/Accreditation Body auditors
- existing QMS internal auditors intending to expand their skills in the area of assessment of inspection bodies
- supplier quality auditors wishing to evaluate suppliers of inspection services
For those in forensic disciplines, we recommend viewing our ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Internal Auditor training course.
This course incorporates our Introduction to ISO 17020 training course, so no prior knowledge is required.
- quality management and the role of inspection bodies
- classification of inspection bodies (Type A, B and C)
- overview of ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and its relationship with other related standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025)
- coordination of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17020
- how to construct an audit programme
- audit planning, horizontal, vertical audits and checklists
- the concept of ‘risk-based’ audit
- effective auditing techniques
- witnessing tests and calibrations
- evaluating the significance of audit findings
- methods for improving communication skills during the audit
- how to report the findings and conclusions
- developing and implementing corrective action
- sources of information and further development
- interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 Conformity Assessment as it relates to management system standards
- undertake an effective quality management system audit based on ISO/IEC 17020 in accordance with ISO 19011
- objectively assess the compliance of an inspection body and identify areas to improve competency
- implement continuous improvement through the use of corrective and preventive action
For those in forensic disciples, we recommend viewing our ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Internal Auditor training course.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
No. The course starts with an introduction to ISO 17020 before taking you through the principles and practice of auditing within your organisation. This makes the course suitable for those who are new to internal auditing or are already internal auditors and wish to extend their knowledge to incorporate ISO 17020.
If your organisation is seeking to train internal auditors to maintain its management system and ensure it fulfils the requirements of ISO 17020, then this course offers the knowledge and practice to help you achieve your goals. We have welcomed delegates from a wide range of organisations, including fire and rescue, government bodies, police, energy management, risk managers, engineering innovation, and asset management advisers.
If you are working specifically in forensic disciplines, you may prefer to look at our ISO/IEC 17020 Forensic Internal Auditor training course.
We employ tutors who have worked extensively in their industry before expanding their skills into delivering our highly interactive and practical training courses.
The skill and knowledge that our tutors demonstrate in teaching this course are reflected in some of the comments we have received from delegates:
- ‘A very engaging tutor and clearly passionate about the subject’
- ‘Good at relating the concepts to actual situations’
- ‘Highly skilled and animated’
- ‘Attracted the audience attention – an advantage that I believe is rather rare’
The ISO 17020 Internal Auditor training course is intended to give you all the knowledge you need to start auditing against ISO 17020. Your expert tutor will explain the principles and techniques of auditing in this space, and will lead you through exercises and group work to practise your newly learned skills. Past delegates have remarked on the depth of the tutors’ knowledge and their ability to relate teaching to real-world examples from their own experience.
Applus UK Ltd|20th Oct, 2023
Avon And Somerset Constabulary|19th Jul, 2023
Alfred H Knight International Ltd|5th Jun, 2023
West Yorkshire Police|23rd May, 2023
West Yorkshire Police|26th Apr, 2023
Mistras Group Ltd|27th Feb, 2023
Alfred H Knight Energy Services Limited|16th Feb, 2023
Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)|17th Jan, 2023
Rex Procter & Partners|16th Jan, 2023
Network Fire Services Partnership|17th Oct, 2022
Dyfed Powys Police|12th Jul, 2022
Emsou Forensic Services|8th Jun, 2022