DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
This interactive and practical ISO/IEC 17020 Internal Auditing training course is designed to provide delegates with the techniques to perform effective internal audits of organisations who perform inspection activities in line with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
This two day course will equip delegates with effective auditing techniques and increase their understanding of audit principles in relation to ISO/IEC 17020, in order to improve evaluation and communication, develop more professional reporting and implement corrective action programmes.
- Quality management and the role of inspection bodies
- Classification of inspection bodies (Type A, B and C)
- Overview of ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and its relationship with other related standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025)
- Coordination of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17020
- How to construct an audit programme
- Audit planning, horizontal, vertical audits and checklists
- The concept of ‘risk-based’ audit
- Effective auditing techniques
- Witnessing tests and calibrations
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings
- Methods for improving communication skills during the audit
- How to report the findings and conclusions
- Developing and implementing corrective action
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
- Individuals wishing to perform internal audits of inspection bodies
- Quality Managers and Supervisors
- Companies seeking ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- Registrar/Accreditation body Auditors
- Existing QMS internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of assessment of inspection bodies
- Supplier Quality Auditors wishing to evaluate suppliers of inspection services
By the end of this ISO/IEC 17020 Internal Auditing course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 as it relates to management system standards.
- Objectively assess the compliance of an inspection body and identify areas to improve competency.
- Develop continuous improvement that provides on-going future benefits to a company’s growth and success.
Participants should have a reasonable working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17020 or equivalent
Led by an expert tutor, our ISO/IEC Internal Auditing Training Course encompasses modules and interactive workshops, encouraging team discussions on topics such as ‘Risks to Impartiality’, ‘Audit Situations’ and ‘Nonconformity Reporting’. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for organisations with several employees requiring training.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
De Vere Devonport House
West Midlands Police|16th Oct, 2020
Element Materials Technology|15th Oct, 2020
Hertfordshire Constabulary|8th Oct, 2020
Kimberly Clark|6th Oct, 2020
West Midlands Police|5th Oct, 2020
Premier Partnership|2nd Oct, 2020