CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day practical course includes interactive workshops covering topics such as quality management standards, classification of accredited bodies, and risks to impartiality.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will have a working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17020:2012, audit principles in relation to ISO/IEC 17020, and the inspection body accreditation process.
- quality managers and supervisors
- companies seeking ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- existing QMS internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of assessment of inspection bodies
- supplier quality auditors wishing to evaluate suppliers of inspection services
The course is also delivered as the first day of our 2-day ISO 17020 Internal Auditor course.
- quality management and the role of inspection bodies
- classification of inspection bodies (Type A, B and C)
- overview of ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and its relationship with other related standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025)
- principles of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17020
- initial steps to implementing ISO/IEC 17020
- sources of information and further development
- interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020:2012 for the operation of inspection bodies
- initiate the process of implementing the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 with a view to pursuing inspection body accreditation
- confidently progress onto our ISO 17020 Internal Auditor training course
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Accreditation demonstrates to customers, partners and regulators that an inspection body meets the requirements of ISO 17020. This can increase the market’s trust in the organisation’s technical competence while also reducing risk for customers.
Inspection bodies can apply to accrediting organisations around the world to achieve ISO 17020 accreditation. The process will involve agreeing a contract, carrying out audits, implementing any corrective actions required, and - once approved – gaining accreditation and a certificate.
You will learn more about the inspection body accreditation process during the course.
Any organisation seeking an understanding of ISO 17020 and the accreditation process will benefit from the knowledge shared on this course.
Previous attendees have joined us from a wide range of industries, including offshore energy, building technology, plant hire, manufacturing and automotive testing.
If you are working for a forensic inspection body, you may prefer to look at our Understanding ISO 17020 Training Course for Forensic Inspection Bodies.
Yes, you will receive a certificate of attendance after you have completed this 1-day course, which you can share with colleagues, add to your CV, and upload to LinkedIn.
You have a choice of delivery method. You can join us at one of our scheduled face-to-face classes in venues around the country. Alternatively you can join an interactive online live course in our Virtual Classroom from anywhere that provides a robust internet connection.
If you have several employees to train, you may like to consider a course arrange and delivered specifically for your organisation, at a venue of your choice or online.
Hertfordshire Bc|4th Dec, 2023
Applus UK Ltd|20th Oct, 2023
Avon And Somerset Constabulary|19th Jul, 2023
Alfred H Knight International Ltd|5th Jun, 2023
West Yorkshire Police|23rd May, 2023
West Yorkshire Police|26th Apr, 2023
Mistras Group Ltd|27th Feb, 2023
Alfred H Knight Energy Services Limited|16th Feb, 2023
Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)|17th Jan, 2023
Rex Procter & Partners|16th Jan, 2023
Network Fire Services Partnership|17th Oct, 2022
Dyfed Powys Police|12th Jul, 2022