As interactive and practical course designed to introduce delegates to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and how it applies to organisations who perform inspection activities.
This course is delivered as the first day of our 2-day ISO/IEC 17020 Internal Auditor course.
- Quality Management and the role of inspection bodies
- Classification of inspection bodies (Type A, B and C)
- Overview of ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and its relationship with other related standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025)
- Differences between the 2012 and 1998 versions of the standard
- Principles of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17020
- Initial steps to implementing ISO/IEC 17020
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
- Quality Managers and Supervisors
- Companies seeking ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- Existing QMS internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of assessment of inspection bodies
- Supplier Quality Auditors wishing to evaluate suppliers of inspection services
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020:2012 as it relates to management system standards.
- Identify the differences between the 2012 and 1998 versions of the standard.
- Initiate the process of implementing the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 with a view to pursuing inspection body accreditation.