CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Through interactive workshops and engaging modules, the course focuses on ISO/IEC 17020 with specific reference to forensic applications inclusive of Forensic Science Regulator (FSR) guidance and International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) guidance.
On the first day of this training course delegates will learn about the fundamentals of ISO/IEC 17020 and become familiar with the specific requirements of the standard in relation to a Forensic unit performing scene incident examinations..
On the second day delegates will explore IEC/ISO 17020 management system requirements and develop implementation skills, including performing a gap analysis, creating high level process maps, understanding risks and opportunities of implementation, and developing an implementation plan.
- ISO/IEC 17020 clauses and requirements including an overview of quality management
- Quality assurance
- The role of Inspection Bodies
- FSR Code of Practice/ILAC G19 and UKAS RG201 requirements
- Process Mapping
- Gap Analysis
- Creating an Implementation Plan
- Applying for UKAS Accreditation
- Forensic Units seeking ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- Those involved in implementing ISO/IEC 17020 within a Forensic Unit performing scene incident investigations
- Existing QMS consultants and auditors who are looking to expand their skills to understand and implement ISO/IEC 17020 in a forensic environment
- Those responsible for maintaining an ISO/IEC 17020 management system in a Forensic Unit
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020:2012 as it relates to management system standards
- Understand the FSR Code of Practice relevant to the scene incident activities undertaken by the Forensic Unit
- Understand the benefits of implementing ISO/IEC 17020
- Develop a plan for implementing ISO/IEC 17020
- Create a gap analysis
Delegates who fully participate in the course will receive a certificate of completion to demonstrate their new knowledge and skills in implementing ISO/IEC 17020:2012 within a Forensic Inspection Body.
Hertfordshire Bc|4th Dec, 2023
Applus UK Ltd|20th Oct, 2023
Avon And Somerset Constabulary|19th Jul, 2023
Alfred H Knight International Ltd|5th Jun, 2023
West Yorkshire Police|23rd May, 2023
West Yorkshire Police|26th Apr, 2023
Mistras Group Ltd|27th Feb, 2023
Alfred H Knight Energy Services Limited|16th Feb, 2023
Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)|17th Jan, 2023
Rex Procter & Partners|16th Jan, 2023
Network Fire Services Partnership|17th Oct, 2022
Dyfed Powys Police|12th Jul, 2022