DURATION OF COURSE1 day
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
- An effective product validation plan
- An effective control plan for the manufacturing process.
FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) is a powerful technique that enables companies to improve customer satisfaction and reduce product liability risk by anticipating and preventing defects in design and manufacture.
FMEA techniques are applicable to all industry sectors, though companies supplying the automotive industry or seeking compliance and registration to IATF 16949, are required to use FMEA techniques to achieve product assurance.
When properly applied the FMEA process can be used to:
- Identify critical characteristics of sub-systems and components in a complex product or process
- Identify or eliminate the potential causes of failure during the product design process, thus speeding up the development process and reducing the number of late changes
- Develop an effective control plan that will reduce the risk of project or product failure due to late delivery and cost overruns
- Improve customer satisfaction and reduce warranty costs
- The business need for FMEA in product and process design
- Types of FMEA – System, Design, Process and Machinery
- FMEA methodology and defining the:
- Customer’s expectations and requirements
- Potential failure modes
- Consequences of failure and identifying causes
- Methods of detection and prevention
- Assessing severity
- Evaluating the “risk” and prioritising areas for improvement
- Implementing corrective actions in product and process design
- Risk reduction strategies
- Case studies:
- Product Design FMEA
- Process FMEA
The connections between FMEA’s and Design Validation / Production Control Plans and other quality management tools will be explained during the course.
Additional Core Tools relating to the Automotive industry include: Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP); Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA); Statistical Process Control (SPC)
If you book any two “core tools” courses together we can offer a discount of £100. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
- Product developers involved in developing new product introduction strategies and those concerned with ‘time-to-market’.
- Manufacturing and engineering managers who need to improve manufacturing capability, predict initial product yield and improve cross-functional technical communications.
- Design engineers responsible for new product design and introduction who need to improve customer definition and manufacturing feedback.
- Quality/Reliability managers and engineers who want to facilitate an awareness and application of these tools within their organisation.
- Process engineers who will be involved in formulating the manufacturing Control Plan.
- Identifying the requirements and expectations for the product or process
- Identifying and defining potential failure modes
- Developing an effective control plan that will reduce the risk of product failure
- Identifying and assessing the potential effects of failure on internal processes, supply chain partners and end users.
Throughout the course delegates will explore the relationships between the system, design and process FMEA’s and discover how they can apply them to improve the performance of their organisation, and reduce the risk of product and process failures.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Sellafield Ltd|30th Mar, 2021
Fugro|24th Feb, 2021
PPG Aerospace|13th Jan, 2021
Wipac Technology Ltd|30th Dec, 2020
Wipac Technology Ltd|29th Dec, 2020
Wipac Technology Ltd|22nd Dec, 2020