DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
As well as being one of the core components of the Six Sigma approach, Measurement Systems Analysis(MSA) is also a key element of IATF 16949, where it is required to be used within the Product Realisation process requiring suppliers to conduct MSA.
Many problems encountered with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE) are caused by problems with measurement systems where the process of obtaining measurements and data may have variation and produce defects. Measurement Systems Analysis evaluates the test method, measuring instruments, and the entire process of obtaining measurements to ensure the integrity of data used for analysis (usually quality analysis) and to understand the implications of measurement error for decisions made about a product or process.
This one day practical Measurement Systems Analysis course will provide delegates with a basic knowledge of the principles of MSA and the methodologies for performance of measurement systems studies with respect to bias, linearity and stability. Our course is highly practical and avoids detailed knowledge or discussion of statistics.
- Concepts of MSA
- Measurement system elements and their contribution to measurement variation
- Terminology and concepts (bias, linearity, stability, repeatability and reproducibility)
- The existence and measurement of variation
- Normal Distribution
- Accuracy and Precision
- Measures of variation (mean, standard deviation and variance)
- MSA Studies
- Bias (overview and methodology)
- Linearity (overview and methodology)
- Stability studies (overview and methodology)
- Measurement Uncertainty (overview)
- Measurement system analysis and studies (variable and attribute)
- Repeatability and Reproducibility
- Performance of a gauge R&R study
- Interpretation and use of study data (from example data provided)
- Using data for cost-saving (calibration intervals, number of measurements taken etc.)
Additional Core Tools relating to the Automotive industry include: Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP); Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA); Statistical Process Control (SPC)
If you book any two “core tools” courses together we can offer a discount of £100. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
Who Should Attend
- Quality professionals, Six Sigma change agents, lean practitioners and support staff who require a basic understanding of Measurement system evaluation techniques and the potential benefits of understanding measurement system limitations.
- Personnel with responsibility for design / process engineering who should be requiring MSA studies to help them specify tolerances, production processes and acceptance criteria, and need to understand the information when it is presented.
- Those who are required to support MSA studies, but are not directly responsible for the analysis.
- In house “experts” who need to plan and execute MSA studies and will become the “champions” for the appropriate use of MSA to drive continuous improvement and influence senior management
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Use MSA to determine the suitability of measurement systems.
- Perform a Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R) study.
- Interpret the results in the context of the process variation and product acceptance criteria.
- Use the data to improve the effectiveness of the measurement system.
Held at your offices, a venue of your choice or online on your chosen date, the course includes 9 modules and interactive workshops encouraging team discussions on topics such as ‘Data Location and Spread’, ‘R&R Range Method’ and ‘GRR Data Interpretation’. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for organisations wishing to train several employees.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
De Vere Cheadle House
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Cheadle House
Goodridge Ltd|16th Aug, 2020
Wipac Technology Ltd|2nd Apr, 2020
Wipac Ltd|11th Feb, 2020
Thomas Dudley Ltd|11th Feb, 2020
Sportsafe UK Limited|15th Jan, 2020
Johnson Matthey|3rd Dec, 2019