CPDEquivalent to 8 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day course includes a range of interactive workshops and modules focusing on topics such as APQP process, product development and process development.
By the end of the course delegates will understand how to utilise APQP and PPAP to demonstrate that products and processes meet market requirements and customer expectations.
- engineers and engineering managers with customer relationship roles within the supply chain
- design, manufacturing and quality engineers involved in the preparation, submission or evaluation of PPAP documentation
Claim a discount of £100 if you book any 2 of our Core Tools courses together.
Alternatively, book our Core Tools package to receive our complete suite of Core Tools training, running across 4 days. The package covers APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC and MSA, and you can save £605 + VAT compared to the cost of booking each of the 4 courses individually.
- the business need for APQP and PPAP processes
- the requirement for APQP and PPAP in IATF 16949
- overview of APQP process:
- project management and timing plans
- defining project scope and requirements
- product design and development
- process design and development
- product and process validation and control plans
- PPAP process and requirements
- scope and limitations of approval
- evaluation of evidence submitted
- Ford phased PPAP requirements
- levels of submission and evidence required
- parts submission warrant
- supporting evidence
- materials data and use of IMDS database
- process capability
- initiate the APQP and PPAP processes within an organisation with an awareness of the scope and limitations of approval
- understand the levels of submission and evidence required
- interpret the requirements for APQP and PPAP in IATF 16949 and the need for these in business
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
APQP is a framework for a set of techniques and procedures that will help you create a quality plan for bringing a product or service to market in a way that meets customer requirements. Not only does this improve the likelihood of success for a new product or service, but some customer organisations actually require that their suppliers use APQP techniques.
By learning APQP skills you can become a more valuable member of your team and add this skill set to your CV or LinkedIn profile to demonstrate your commitment to continuing career development.
The Production Part Approval Process is used particularly though not exclusively within the aerospace and automotive industries to ensure that the parts suppliers manufacture are consistent.
If you are working within an organisation that manufactures and supplies parts, PPAP sets out a full set of process elements that will help you ensure the consistency your customers demand. It can also benefit your organisation by minimising errors and waste in processes, to deliver the quality required with greater efficiency.
PPAP skills are part of the wider APQP framework.
There are 5 Core Tools of the IATF 16949 quality standard for the automotive industry, and we cover them all in our quality management training.
These are APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis), and SPC (Statistical Process Control).
This course will give you practical training on APQP and PPAP.
You can attend any other Core Tools training courses independently, but if you wish to learn all 5 tools, you may like to look at our Core Tools training package deal, which provides you with all the training of our individual Core Tools courses in one cost-effective 4-day training course.
You can also receive a discount if you book 2 Core Tools courses at the same time.
We always encourage delegates to give us honest feedback and suggestions for improvement at the end of the course. This enables us to continuously raise the quality of our course content and its delivery to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
For this course comments have remarked on the knowledge and expertise of the tutor in delivering information in a clear, concise and engaging way. Feedback included:
- ‘The tutor was very knowledgeable and answered any question’
- ‘Clear presentation and the tutor had a good use of anecdotes throughout the day’
- ‘The training materials will be useful to use as a reference in the future’
- ‘Very in-depth content and good examples’
- ‘The tutor engaged with the group well and was very experienced with the ability to understand our applications’
- ‘Excellent course materials – very in-depth and were well laid out’
- ‘Very informative and dynamic. It was very entertaining.’
Scottish Leather Group Operations Limited|5th Dec, 2023
NP Aerospace Ltd|4th Oct, 2023
Evolution Employment And Training|3rd Oct, 2023
McLaren Automotive Ltd|5th Sep, 2023
Truck-Lite Europe Ltd|2nd Aug, 2023
AP Racing|7th Jul, 2023
Rotalink Ltd|23rd Jun, 2023
Amphenol Thermometrics (UK) Ltd|15th Jun, 2023
Safety Belt Solutions Ltd|17th Apr, 2023
Oxford Technical Solutions Ltd|3rd Apr, 2023
TFP Hydrogen|30th Nov, 2022
Inex Microtechnology Ltd|23rd Nov, 2022