DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) is an approach used to identify potential failures in the design of products, services or processes, and provides organisations with a step by step procedure for analysing failure effects and classifying them by severity or likelihood. The approach is split into two broad categories, Design FMEA (DFMEA) and Process FMEA (PFMEA).
DFMEA, (Design Failure and Mode Effects Analysis) is an application used for product and process design. DFMEA can be used in product development and alteration to identify and reduce potential failures during the use of a product.
PFMEA, (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis) is commonly used in the motor industry to analyse potential failures for a particular process and curtail them.
This two-day AIAG & VDA FMEA Training Course focuses on the new AIAG & VDA Handbook, introducing delegates to FMEA, and taking them through the new ‘7-step approach’ to FMEA. The course will also explore key differences from the 4th edition AIAG Handbook to the new AIAG & VDA Handbook.
This course can be tailored to suit client specific needs and focus on just design FMEA or process FMEA, shortening the course to one day.
For those who already have knowledge of FMEA and the AIAG 4th edition Handbook please see our FMEA Transition Training Course.
- The need for FMEA in process and product design
- AIAG and VDA objectives
- The AIAG 4th edition handbooks and key differences of the new VDA/AIAG handbook
- The seven step FMEA process:
- Planning & Preparation
- Structure Analysis
- Function Analysis
- Failure Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Results Documentation
- Process and Design FMEA scoring and action priority
- Product developers
- Product designers
- Manufacturing and engineering managers
- Process and product engineers
- IATF 16949 auditors
- Use the new AIAG/VDA 7 step approach for performing an FMEA
- Understand VDA and AIAG motivations for the update
- Understand Process and Design FMEA scoring and action priority
Travis Perkins Plc|18th Jan, 2021
Achilles Information Limited|17th Jan, 2021
WCS Services|16th Jan, 2021
EPS Ltd|15th Jan, 2021
MOD|15th Jan, 2021
Colas Limited|14th Jan, 2021