CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
To be sure of keeping your employees and customers safe, it is important to review and maintain a rigorous safety management system. To this end, Bywater is offering a suite of one-day courses available on a dedicated basis, with customised options if required, to support organisations that care about, and want to show that they act responsibly in relation to, the well being of their employees and customers. These courses are designed to raise awareness, explain the requirements for keeping premises safe and, if appropriate, to form the basis for going forward for organisational certification.
The three dedicated courses deal with respectively:
- Workplace Hygiene; Keeping Your Employees Safe
- Hygienic Premises; Reassuring Your Customers and Keeping Them Safe
- The Hygienic Organisation; Keeping Customers and Employees Safe
These courses are suitable for organisations within all sectors including manufacturing, services and the public sector.
The courses will refer to specific requirements from a number of sources, including:
- UK Government guidance on working safely during COVID-19
- Some basic concepts from ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety
- BSI Safe Working During the COVID-19 Pandemic- general guidelines for organisations (version 2; version 3 when issued shortly)
- Relevant sections on planning, application, measurement and review of cleanliness from PAS5748:2014.
Delegates will work in teams to identify and evaluate the applicability of requirements in their organisational context, discuss responsibilities and methods of application, develop structures to support successful deployment and ongoing maintenance, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.
- The meanings of, and need for, Workplace Hygiene and/or Hygienic Premises
- The implications of coronavirus (Covid-19) and government guidance
- Current organisational practice – strengths and shortfalls
- Developing and maintaining a management system
- Some key requirements from ISO 45001 & the BSI Safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic – general guidelines for organisations document
- Basic hygiene activities from PAS 5748
- Developing & maintaining a risk register
- Prioritising action on a risk-based approach
- Planning implementation
- Identifying and defining requirements for staff training, cleaning regimes and information for customers
- Customer management
- Checks and audits
- What extra activities they will need to introduced
- Internal teams
- Owners, managers, supervisors, team leaders and staff
- Representatives of key suppliers
- Staff or Union representatives
- Quality Managers, Risk Managers, Internal and External Auditors
- HR and Training personnel
- Appreciate the requirements for hygienically safe workplaces and/or premises.
- Identify appropriate changes needed to current arrangements
- Propose and evaluate solutions to current shortfalls
- Help define a management system to control Workplace Hygiene and/or Hygienic Premises
- Communicate their findings and recommendations to their colleagues and senior management
- Engage with colleagues and senior management in implementing and improving the system.
Thatcham Research|6th Dec, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|1st Dec, 2023
QinetiQ Ltd|1st Dec, 2023
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Scottish Leather Group Operations Limited|24th Nov, 2023
Google|22nd Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023