Six Sigma is a set of techniques and statistical analysis tools used to improve processes by reducing the likelihood of defects and variation. Six Sigma was first developed at Motorola and grew to prominence after GE successfully adopted it in the late 80s. Now the concept is widely used across manufacturing, service and financial organisations.
This ten-day Six Sigma Green Belt training course will incorporate the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Basics stage, so no prior training is required. The programme will develop delegates’ understanding of Six Sigma to a standard where they are confident in implementing the principles and techniques within their organisation and able to lead improvement projects.
The interactive Six Sigma Green Belt training course is split into two five-day sessions with a guided project in between. The first session will cover the basic Lean and Six Sigma tools and principles such as Kanban, DMAIC methodology, and the 7 Wastes, as well as basic improvement project leadership tools. The second session will consist of advanced Six Sigma statistical concepts and tools, and will include key topics such as analysing statistical data, introducing the use of Minitab, and Six Sigma implementation, as well as managing stakeholders’ requirements.
This course will develop a delegates understanding of the competency requirements for Six Sigma Green Belts as defined in ISO 18404 and will explain what is required to become ISO 18404 certified as a business or individual.
This ten-day Six Sigma Green Belt training course is available both publicly and in-house. When offered in-house the course can be tailored to client specific requirements, if you would like to hear more please contact us:
Phone: 0333 123 9001
Online: Submit a form here
- Statistical thinking & ISO18404
- Statistics as a discipline & methodology
- Statistical concepts & tools
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Introducing the use of Minitab
- Application to Process improvement
- SPC and Process Improvement Charting (PIC)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Introducing the use of Minitab
- Analytical, Synthetic and Creative Thinking
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Managing Stakeholder Requirements
- Project Support & Presentations
- Evidence review for ISO 18404 certification
The course is suitable for all organisational employees, but will particularly benefit individuals
- Undertaking improvement activities as part of their roles
- Taking a technical role in organisations considering applying the Six Sigma approach and possible ISO18404 organisational certification
- Responsible for implementing improvement in a project or more widely
- In organisations pursuing the approach, but who personally have no knowledge of the theory or practice
By the end of this course, you will learn to:
- Understand the Six Sigma approach and toolkit
- Appreciate the coverage & application process for ISO 18404
- Contribute to Six Sigma improvement projects
- Plan, manage & undertake simple Six Sigma improvement projects
- Manage stakeholders in pursuit of objectives
- Know how to monitor and champion Six Sigma improvement projects
Successful attendance on this course will contribute towards an individual becoming certified under Sector Scheme RSS18404. To find out more click this link.
Macdonald Ansty Hall