DURATION OF COURSE10 days
CPDEquivalent to 70 Hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Six Sigma is a set of techniques and statistical analysis tools used to improve processes by reducing the likelihood of defects and variation. It was first developed at Motorola and grew to prominence after GE successfully adopted the techniques in the late 1980s. Now Six Sigma is widely used by organisations across all industries, including manufacturers, service providers and financial organisations.
This comprehensive ten day Six Sigma Green Belt (Advanced) Training Course is split into two five-day sessions with a guided project in between.
It incorporates the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) Training Course during week 1 and will cover the basic Lean and Six Sigma tools and principles such as Kanban, DMAIC methodology, and the 7 Wastes, as well as basic improvement project leadership tools.
Week 2 consists of advanced Six Sigma statistical concepts and tools, and will include key topics such as analysing statistical data, introducing the use of Minitab, Six Sigma implementation and managing stakeholders’ requirements.
This course will develop a delegates understanding of the competency requirements for Six Sigma Green Belts as defined in ISO 18404 and will explain what is required to become ISO 18404 certified as a business or as an individual under sector scheme RSS18404. Please follow the link to find out more about the ISO 18404 certification process.
- Statistical thinking & ISO18404
- Statistics as a discipline & methodology
- Statistical concepts & tools
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Introducing the use of Minitab
- Application to Process improvement
- SPC and Process Improvement Charting (PIC)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Introducing the use of Minitab
- Analytical, Synthetic and Creative Thinking
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Managing Stakeholder Requirements
- Project Support & Presentations
- Evidence review for ISO 18404 certification
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for all organisational employees, but will particularly benefit individuals
- Undertaking improvement activities as part of their roles
- Taking a technical role in organisations considering applying the Six Sigma approach and possible ISO18404 organisational certification
- Responsible for implementing improvement in a project or more widely
- In organisations pursuing the approach, but who personally have no knowledge of the theory or practice
By the end of this course, you will learn to:
- Understand the Six Sigma approach and toolkit
- Appreciate the coverage & application process for ISO 18404
- Contribute to Six Sigma improvement projects
- Plan, manage & undertake simple Six Sigma improvement projects
- Manage stakeholders in pursuit of objectives
- Know how to monitor and champion Six Sigma improvement projects
Successful attendance on this course will contribute towards an individual becoming certified under Sector Scheme RSS18404. To find out more click this link.
The Six Sigma Green Belt (Advanced) Training Course can be provided on a dedicated basis at your offices, a venue of your choice or online on your chosen date. Interactive workshops and modules engage staff in discussions into how Six Sigma can benefit your organisation. Dedicated training is often more convenient and cost effective for those wishing to train a number of employees.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
De Vere Cheadle House
De Vere Staverton Estate
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|5th Sep, 2020
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|21st Aug, 2020
Yeo Valley|14th Aug, 2020
Ziath Ltd|14th Jul, 2020
The Fremantle Trust|13th Jul, 2020
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|7th May, 2020