CPDEquivalent to 12 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day course introduces delegates to different problem-solving tools and techniques. Delegates can then turn theories into practice through a series of highly interactive and practical exercises and workshops. Collaborating in teams, delegates will use techniques such as 8D, 5 Whys and localisation to solve a range of product and process problems.
The course will prepare delegates for typical workplace RCA practices, including problem identification, RCA tool selection and report writing.
- managers responsible for process and quality improvements
- quality managers
- internal and external auditors
- line managers and supervisors involved in managing customer and/or supplier relationships
- problem-solving team members and leaders
- product or process designers
- industrial, production and process engineers
Those working in the NHS and private healthcare sectors may prefer to attend our specialised Root Cause Analysis Training for NHS and Healthcare Professionals.
We also run a Root Cause Analysis Training Course for Service Providers on a dedicated basis for groups of staff, designed to focus on the services sector.
Please note that it is advisory for delegates to bring a laptop for use during this course if possible.
- identifying problems
- the role and principles of root cause analysis
- overview of the industry standard 8D/G8D process
- raising a problem
- problem-solving teams
- types of problems: common and special causes
- isolated events and repeating problems
- problem-solving strategy
- common problem-solving tools
- process compliance
- statistical techniques in problem solving
- localisation in time, space and sequence
- 5 Whys
- process mapping and contrasting symptom routes
- Shainin’s multi-vari analysis
- isoplots and measurement systems analysis
- using RCA to be proactive rather than reactive
- corrective and preventive action
- mistake proofing
- proving causes
- solution analysis
- project managing solution
- participate in effective problem-solving teams
- use appropriate tools and techniques to identify and document the root causes of problems in production processes and administration systems, as well as product design
- propose and evaluate solutions to prevent problems recurring
- communicate their findings and recommendations to their colleagues and senior management
- engage senior management in improving the system to remove the causes of failure, and controlling random initiatives that may destabilise processes which are currently ‘under control’
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
14th Mar, 2022
Northern Ireland Water|4th Feb, 2022
Inmarsat|3rd Feb, 2022
David Brown Santasalo UK Ltd|25th Jan, 2022
Spectrum Community Health Cic|10th Jan, 2022
Spectrum Community Health Cic|5th Jan, 2022
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|18th Dec, 2021
Inmarsat|29th Nov, 2021
TRB Limited|5th Nov, 2021
Avery UK|3rd Nov, 2021
Avery UK|29th Oct, 2021
Trillium Flow Technologies|26th Oct, 2021