DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 12 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
This 2 Day Root Cause Analysis training course online or in-person introduces delegates to different problem-solving tools and techniques, which are then applied throughout a series of highly interactive and practical exercises putting these theories into practice.
Collaborating in teams, delegates will use techniques such as 8D, 5 Whys and localisation to solve a range of product and process problems, and in each case present findings back to the group. This will prepare delegates for typical workplace RCA practices, including problem identification, RCA tool selection and report writing.
Please note that it is advisory for delegates to bring a laptop for use during this course if possible.
- Typical approaches to problem solving
- Common approaches to root cause analysis
- Overview of the 8D / Global 8D process
- Types of problems
- Strategy for Problem Solving
- Using 8D Problem Solving to improve Supply Chain Relationship
- Isolated events & repeating problems
- 5 Why’s
- Localisation in time, space & sequence
- Process mapping & Contrasting Symptom Routes
- Shainin’s Multi-vari analysis
- Isoplots & MSA
- Proving causes
- Solution analysis
- Project managing solution
- Managers responsible for process and quality improvements
- Quality Managers, Internal and External Auditors
- Line managers and supervisors involved in managing customer and/or supplier relationships
- Problem solving team members and leaders
- Product or process designers
- Industrial, production and process engineers
- Participate in effective problem solving teams
- Use appropriate tools and techniques to identify, and document the root causes of problems in production processes and administration systems, as well as product design.
- Propose and evaluate solutions to prevent problems recurring
- Communicate their findings and recommendations to their colleagues and senior management
- Engage senior management in improving the system to remove the causes of failure – and controlling random management initiatives that may destabilise processes that are currently ‘under control’
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Hilton Leeds City
De Vere Staverton Estate
De Vere Devonport House
De Vere Cheadle House
Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|4th Nov, 2020
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|5th Sep, 2020
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|21st Aug, 2020
Yeo Valley|14th Aug, 2020
Ziath Ltd|14th Jul, 2020
The Fremantle Trust|13th Jul, 2020