CPDEquivalent to 8 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
OHSAS 18001 has now been replaced with ISO 45001. Please follow the link for our Introduction to ISO 45001 training course.
This one day Introduction to OHSAS 18001 training is a foundation course providing delegates with a knowledge of the main issues arising from implementing an Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&S MS), in order to:
- Understand the general requirements of OH&S systems, with specific reference to OHSAS 18001
- Understand the different approaches and benefits of implementing an OH&S management system
- Consider how OHSAS 18001 can be integrated into existing management systems
- the general requirements of OH&S management systems, with specific reference to OHSAS 18001:2007
- risk assessments and evaluation of legislative compliance
- establishing objectives and monitoring improvements
- learning from your mistakes
- Basic requirements of OHSAS 18001
- Health & safety hazards, risk assessment and risk controls
- Implementation issues & initiating an OH&S MS
- All managers and key personnel in the organisation who have responsibilities for specific OH&S issues
- Personnel who provide strategic input into the OH&S management system (specialist contractors, occupational health staff, design engineers etc.)
- Legal advisors and experts
- Other staff who might be involved in the implementation or the auditing of a OH&S management system (e.g. QMS, EMS project managers and auditors)
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of OHSAS 18001 and how this applies to the most significant OH&S MS issues.
- Assess the H&S hazards, risk assessments and risk controls.
- Evaluate legislative compliance.
- Initiate the process of implementing an OH&S MS within their company with an awareness of resources and skills required.
Alexander Dennis Ltd|1st Dec, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|1st Dec, 2023
QinetiQ Ltd|1st Dec, 2023
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Lkab Minerals Ltd|29th Nov, 2023
Natural Environment Research Council|29th Nov, 2023
EDF Energy Ltd|29th Nov, 2023
EDF Energy Ltd|28th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Hertfordshire Bc|28th Nov, 2023