This two day course is designed to be given in-house and is a series of workshops preceded by short tutorials. The workshops cover the most significant issues when implementing an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) and allow the organization to:
- create its own set of OHSMS requirements, including an outline programme, and appropriate objectives and targets, and
- examine its existing systems for suitability of integration of the OHSMS.
- Health and safety aspects and impacts and their assessment; legislation issues (not site-specific)
- Objectives; improvement programme
- Health and safety policy
- System integration
- Communication and training
- Emergency procedures, health & safety, calibration
- Other procedures
- All managers and key personnel in the organization who will be affected by the OHSMS implementation.
- Those personnel who will input into the strategic OHSMS programme to determine issues such as policy and spending on improvement programmes.
- Legal advisors and experts
- Other systems staff who will be involved in the OHSMS (e.g. QMS, EMS)
On completing the Implementing OHSAS 18001 training course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the requirements of health and safety management systems and OHSAS 18001
- Advise on an approach to implementing health and safety management systems.