Regular internal audits are essential for maintaining an effective Energy Management System (EnMS).
Through interactive workshops and learning exercises this ISO 50001 Internal Auditor training course will equip delegates with the necessary skills to be able to assess the conformance and effectiveness of their EnMS and contribute towards its continual improvement.
The first day of this training course will provide delegates with an introduction to energy management systems and ISO 50001, including a detailed overview of ISO 50001 and its relationship to other standards, plus an introduction to energy performance indicators and how these are monitored. The second day covers the complete EnMS audit process, from audit planning and checklist writing, to conducting the audit, questioning techniques, non-conformities and audit report writing.
This training course is suitable for anyone involved in the maintenance of an EnMS, and can also be used as a development tool for auditees, giving them insight into the auditing process.
- The Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycle and how it is used with an EnMS
- Detailed analysis of the requirements of ISO 50001
- The positive impact internal EnMS audits have on management systems and energy use
- How to plan and audit, including creating an audit checklist
- Conducting an audit, including interviewing techniques
- Following up on an audit, including closing meetings and non-conformity reporting
- Any person(s) required to audit an EnMS to ISO 50001
- Managers looking to gain an insight into the auditing of an EnMS
- Auditees looking to gain a better understanding of the audit process
Delegates who complete this ISO 50001 Internal Auditor training course will gain the required skills and knowledge to perform internal audits on their organisation’s EnMS, including being able to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an EnMS audit
- Determine the extent to which their own organisation’s EnMS meets the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Identify possible areas for improvement