CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The first day of this interactive course will provide delegates with an introduction to energy management systems (EnMS) and ISO 50001, including an overview of ISO 50001 and its relationship to other standards, plus an introduction to energy performance indicators and how these are monitored. The second day covers the complete EnMS audit process, from audit planning and checklist writing to conducting the audit, questioning techniques, non-conformities and audit report writing. Workshops and exercises will help delegates to practise their new knowledge.
Upon completion of this course students will be equipped with the skills to perform audits to assess the conformance and effectiveness of their EnMS, and contribute towards its continual improvement.
- anyone required to audit an EnMS to ISO 50001
- managers wishing to gain an insight into the auditing of an EnMS
- auditees needing a better understanding of the audit process
Day one of this course is our Introduction to ISO 50001 training course so delegates do not need prior knowledge of ISO 50001 to attend.
- benefits of an EnMS
- the plan/do/check/act (PDCA) cycle and how it is used with an EnMS
- analysis of the clauses and requirements of ISO 50001
- the positive impact of internal EnMS audits on management systems and energy use
- how to plan and audit, including creating an audit checklist
- conducting an audit, including interviewing techniques
- following up on an audit, including closing meetings and nonconformity reporting
- plan, conduct, report and follow up an EnMS audit
- determine the extent to which their own organisation’s EnMS meets the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- identify possible areas for improvement
All delegates who participate fully will receive an ISO 50001 Internal Auditor training certificate following the course.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
No, the course incorporates our Introduction to ISO 50001 training course, so we will give you all the information and guidance about the role of energy management systems and ISO 50001 that you need on your first day.
We will then go on to look more specifically at the tasks involved in an internal audit of an EnMS, with plenty of opportunity to practise and discuss the skills you are learning.
Yes, your certificate of attendance will be sent to you or the person who booked your training after you have completed the course. This will confirm your attendance and completion of 14 hours CPD.
Yes. This course will introduce you to the concept of energy management systems and ISO 50001. You will then learn how internal auditing skills can be applied to monitoring and improving the effectiveness of your organisation’s EnMS. You will be able to build on your current expertise to extract the greatest value from this training course.
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Lkab Minerals Ltd|29th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Custom Interconnect Limited (Group)|30th Oct, 2023