DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Many organisations are seeking to develop an EnMS and achieve ISO 50001:2018 certification as part of satisfying their obligations under the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).
As well as enabling compliance with ESOS, ISO 50001 provides a framework for organisations to develop a management system that will drive improved energy performance and thereby reduce costs.
This ISO 50001 Implementation training course will equip delegates with the necessary understanding of ISO 50001 and will cover key subject areas needed for an EnMS implementation project, including ‘Gap analysis’, energy reviews, and tools for improving energy performance.
Learning Style: The method of delivery is informal and interactive. A variety of exercises are established creating opportunities for questions and group discussion.
Furthermore, delegates have the option to bring along either planned or existing elements of their organisation’s EnMS (including Energy Reviews, and Energy Baselines) for confidential discussions and informal appraisal.
- Undertake a detailed analysis of the requirements of ISO 50001
- Overview of other ISO standards and opportunity to integrate an EnMS with other management systems
- Introduce ‘Gap analysis’
- ISO 50001 documentation requirements
- Understand the importance of the ‘Energy Review’ and ‘Energy Baseline’
- Significance of ‘links’ between the various elements of the EnMS
- Measures to track the progress of an EnMS
- Introduce a tool to enable ‘opportunities for improving energy performance’ to be prioritised
- The process for certification and how it allows organisations to meet ESOS requirements
- Anyone in organisations looking to reduce energy usage through the implementation of an EnMS
- Individuals from organisations seeking to satisfy their obligations under the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- Individuals seeking to learn more about integrating an ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems within their organisation
- Carry out a detailed ‘Gap Analysis’
- Create an Implementation Plan
- Document a process
- Confidently engage Senior Management when seeking additional resources to support the development of an organisation’s EnMS.
- Engage wider members of an organisation to support their EnMS
- Understand how to seek certification
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Hilton Leeds City
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Hilton Leeds City
EPS Ltd|15th Jan, 2021
MOD|15th Jan, 2021
Colas Limited|14th Jan, 2021
Sussex Police|14th Jan, 2021
Element Materials Technology|14th Jan, 2021
West Yorkshire Joint Services|14th Jan, 2021