CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day course includes a variety of exercises and interactive workshops on topics such as gap analysis and creating an implementation plan, to encourage discussion and consideration of how delegates might implement an EnMS and achieve successful certification within their own organisation. Delegates have the option to bring along either planned or existing elements of their organisation’s EnMS (including energy reviews, and energy baselines) for confidential discussions and informal appraisal.
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of how ISO 50001 provides a framework for developing a management system that will drive improved energy performance and thereby reduce costs, as well as how to achieve compliance with the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme.
- anyone in organisations wishing to reduce energy usage through the implementation of an EnMS
- individuals from organisations seeking to satisfy their obligations under the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- individuals seeking to learn more about integrating an ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems within their organisation
This course will equip delegates with the necessary understanding of ISO 50001 and therefore no prior knowledge is required.
- a detailed analysis of the requirements of ISO 50001
- an overview of other ISO standards and the opportunity to integrate an EnMS with other management systems
- ISO 50001 gap analysis
- ISO 50001 documentation requirements
- the importance of the energy review and energy baseline
- significance of links between the various elements of the EnMS
- measures to track the progress of an EnMS
- introduction of a tool to enable opportunities for improving energy performance to be prioritised
- the process for certification and how it allows organisations to meet ESOS requirements
- recognise the key steps for an implementation project
- carry out a detailed gap analysis
- create an implementation plan
- document a process
- confidently engage senior management when seeking additional resources to support the development of an organisation’s EnMS
- engage wider members of an organisation to support their EnMS
- understand how to seek certification
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Abertax Quality Ltf|16th Aug, 2022
P3 Medical Ltd|16th Aug, 2022
Geodis FF UK Ltd|16th Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|1st Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|29th Jul, 2022
DAM Health|29th Jul, 2022
Hylomar Ltd|28th Jul, 2022
Arriva Rail London|28th Jul, 2022
Indivior Ltd|27th Jul, 2022
MoD|27th Jul, 2022
27th Jul, 2022
Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners|26th Jul, 2022