CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day course includes a variety of exercises and interactive workshops on topics such as gap analysis and creating an implementation plan, to encourage discussion and consideration of how delegates might implement an EnMS and achieve successful certification within their own organisation. Delegates have the option to bring along either planned or existing elements of their organisation’s EnMS (including energy reviews, and energy baselines) for confidential discussions and informal appraisal.
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of how ISO 50001 provides a framework for developing a management system that will drive improved energy performance and thereby reduce costs, as well as how to achieve compliance with the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme.
- anyone in organisations wishing to reduce energy usage through the implementation of an EnMS
- individuals from organisations seeking to satisfy their obligations under the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- individuals seeking to learn more about integrating an ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems within their organisation
This course will equip delegates with the necessary understanding of ISO 50001 and therefore no prior knowledge is required.
- a detailed analysis of the requirements of ISO 50001
- an overview of other ISO standards and the opportunity to integrate an EnMS with other management systems
- ISO 50001 gap analysis
- ISO 50001 documentation requirements
- the importance of the energy review and energy baseline
- significance of links between the various elements of the EnMS
- measures to track the progress of an EnMS
- introduction of a tool to enable opportunities for improving energy performance to be prioritised
- the process for certification and how it allows organisations to meet ESOS requirements
- recognise the key steps for an implementation project
- carry out a detailed gap analysis
- create an implementation plan
- document a process
- confidently engage senior management when seeking additional resources to support the development of an organisation’s EnMS
- engage wider members of an organisation to support their EnMS
- understand how to seek certification
Delegates will also receive an ISO 50001 Implementation training certificate following the event.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
No, you will gain all the knowledge you need about energy management systems and ISO 50001 during this course, even if you have no prior knowledge.
The course does cover how organisations can meet the requirements of the UK government’s Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).
However, the main focus is on the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 and the implementation of an energy management system in any organisation in any sector, regardless of location.
Yes, advice on integration forms part of this training course.
Bywater is a leading independent provider of expert training across a wide range of management system standards, including ISO 9001 quality management, ISO 45001 health and safety management and ISO 14001 environmental management.
This enables us to work with you to take a holistic view of your management systems, advising you on how to integrate for greatest effectiveness and business benefit.
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Custom Interconnect Limited (Group)|30th Oct, 2023
Royal College Of Psychiatrists|19th Oct, 2023