DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
As global temperatures continue to rise, organisations are being asked to incorporate ever more regulations directed at the impact of their activities on the environment. One area with particular focus is energy use, which is currently the largest contributor to global warming. A solution that allows organisations to reduce energy usage and costs is the implementation of an Energy Management System (EnMS), using ISO 50001.
Many organisations are seeking to develop an EnMS and achieve ISO 50001:2018 certification as part of satisfying their obligations under the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).
As well as enabling compliance with ESOS, ISO 50001 provides a framework for organisations to develop a management system that will drive improved energy performance and thereby reduce costs.
This ISO 50001 Implementation training course will equip delegates with the necessary understanding of ISO 50001 and will cover key subject areas needed for an EnMS implementation project, including ‘Gap analysis’, energy reviews, and tools for improving energy performance.
Learning Style: The method of delivery is informal and interactive. A variety of exercises are established creating opportunities for questions and group discussion.
Furthermore, delegates have the option to bring along either planned or existing elements of their organisation’s EnMS (including Energy Reviews, and Energy Baselines) for confidential discussions and informal appraisal.
- Undertake a detailed analysis of the requirements of ISO 50001
- Overview of other ISO standards and opportunity to integrate an EnMS with other management systems
- Introduce ‘Gap analysis’
- ISO 50001 documentation requirements
- Understand the importance of the ‘Energy Review’ and ‘Energy Baseline’
- Significance of ‘links’ between the various elements of the EnMS
- Measures to track the progress of an EnMS
- Introduce a tool to enable ‘opportunities for improving energy performance’ to be prioritised
- The process for certification and how it allows organisations to meet ESOS requirements
Who Should Attend
- Anyone in organisations looking to reduce energy usage through the implementation of an EnMS
- Individuals from organisations seeking to satisfy their obligations under the UK Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- Individuals seeking to learn more about integrating an ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems within their organisation
By the end of this ISO 50001 implementation training course delegates will be able to recognise the key steps for an implementation project and:
- Carry out a detailed ‘Gap Analysis’
- Create an Implementation Plan
- Document a process
- Confidently engage Senior Management when seeking additional resources to support the development of an organisation’s EnMS.
- Engage wider members of an organisation to support their EnMS
- Understand how to seek certification
The ISO 50001 Implementation Training Course can occur at your premises, a venue of your choice or online and will led by an ISO 50001 expert tutor. The course includes interactive workshops and modules covering topics such as ‘Gap Analysis’ and ‘Creating an Implementation Plan’ to encourage your team to discuss how they will implement these ideas within your organisation to successfully achieve certification.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Hilton Leeds City
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
CTS UK Ltd|23rd Oct, 2020
Private|23rd Oct, 2020
30 Technology|23rd Oct, 2020
Veolia Environmental Services Plc|22nd Oct, 2020
Denmaur Independent Papers Limited|21st Oct, 2020
MOD|20th Oct, 2020