ISO 50001 is an international standard that provides a framework for an effective Energy Management System (EnMS). It supports organisations in the development of policy for their efficient use of energy, and it provides a framework for setting and measuring the success of an organisation’s energy management objectives.
This Introduction to ISO 50001 training course is suitable for anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of energy management systems, their effects and key benefits. It will provide a detailed overview of ISO 50001:2018 including its structure, scope and significant requirements, and will also benefit those seeking to support their organisations in wider energy-use initiatives.
When offered in-house this Introduction to ISO 50001 training course can be tailored to meet client specific requirements. It can also be run as a shortened seminar to raise awareness of ISO 50001 and energy management systems to larger groups of staff.
- What is an energy management system (EnMS)?
- Effects and benefits of an EnMS.
- Detailed overview of ISO 50001:2018 including structure, scope and requirements.
- The relationship between ISO 50001 and other standards.
- Energy performance indicators, including how these can be monitored and measured.
- The importance of internal audits for an EnMS.
- Certification, including the role certification bodies and how certification satisfies obligations to the UK Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- Individuals seeking to understand what an EnMS is and how it can help organisations reduce energy usage and costs.
- Those who require knowledge of ISO 50001.
- Individuals experienced in auditing to other ISO standards that would like to audit an EnMS
- Those involved in the maintenance or supervising of an EnMS
- Staff being introduced to an organisation’s EnMS
Delegates that attend this introduction of ISO 50001 training course will be able to recognise the importance and benefits for an organisation adopting an EnMS. In addition, delegates will be able to understand:
- What an Energy Management System is, and its key benefits
- The structure, scope, and key requirements of ISO 50001
- What energy performance indicators are, including how they are measured and monitored