CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day interactive course includes workshops and modules that explain the structure and key requirements of ISO 50001, how to measure and monitor energy performance indicators, and the requirements for both certification and the UK Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).
On completion of the course delegates will understand how ISO 50001 can support their organisation in developing a policy for efficient energy use, as well setting and measuring the success of their organisation’s energy management objectives.
This course is day 1 of our ISO 50001 Internal Auditor training course.
- individuals seeking to understand what an energy management system is and how it can help organisations reduce energy usage and costs
- those who require knowledge of ISO 50001
- individuals experienced in auditing to other ISO standards that would like to audit an EnMS
- those involved in the maintenance or supervision of an EnMS
- staff being introduced to an organisation’s EnMS
- those responsible for energy management within the organisation
- definition of an energy management system (EnMS)
- effects and benefits of an EnMS
- overview of ISO 50001:2018 including structure, scope and requirements
- the relationship between ISO 50001 and other standards
- energy performance indicators, including how these can be monitored and measured
- importance of internal audits for an EnMS
- certification, including the role of certification bodies and how certification satisfies obligations to the UK Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- recognise the importance and benefits for an organisation adopting an EnMS
- explain what an energy management system is, and its key benefits
- appreciate the structure, scope, and key requirements of ISO 50001
- understand energy performance indicators, including how they are measured and monitored
Everyone who completes the course will receive a Certificate of Completion.
It can also be run as a shortened seminar to raise awareness of ISO 50001 and energy management systems to larger groups of staff.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This course is a great place to start if you have little or no knowledge of what an energy management system is and how it can affect your organisation.
However, if you specifically want to get started now with auditing an EnMS, then you may prefer to look at our ISO 50001 Internal Auditor training course. This course incorporates the teaching of the introductory course to give you a full picture of the role of an EnMS and how to audit it.
After the course we will send you a certificate confirming that you have attended the course. You can use this certificate to share the news of your new knowledge with colleagues, upload to LinkedIn and add to your CV.
This course is an excellent introduction for anyone that will be involved in managing, implementing, maintaining or auditing an EnMS based on ISO 50001. It is also suitable for those who will not be taking an active role but would like to know more.
We offer both face-to-face training at UK venues and online interactive training in our Virtual Classroom. If you have a number of employees to train at the same time, you may be interested in our dedicated training offering, which gives you the flexibility to choose when and where we run your training course.
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Custom Interconnect Limited (Group)|30th Oct, 2023
Royal College Of Psychiatrists|19th Oct, 2023