DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 15 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Once an organisation has implemented an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System it is required to conduct internal audits to establish whether it conforms to ISO 14001 and its own system requirements, and to establish whether it is effectively maintained.
This 2 day training course will teach you how to conduct ISO 14001 internal audits for conformity, improvement and for system effectiveness.
This training course forms days 2 and 3 of our IEMA Internal Environmental Management System Auditor course. It can be booked as a standalone training session; however, delegates are required to have good knowledge of the ISO 14001 standard and environmental management systems terms and definitions. This training course does not cover the requirements of ISO 14001; it only considers the auditing process. To book the 1st day – Introduction to ISO 14001 in addition to this, please see our Internal Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Auditor training course.
This training course will teach delegates how to plan, prepare, perform and report on an ISO 14001 internal environmental system audit through a series of modules consisting of group workshops, tutorials and discussions.
- Introduction to EMS Auditing
- Audit stages, scope and objectives
- Documented information
- Audit planning – prioritising environmental risks
- Key auditor skills, including interviewing techniques, note taking and issue handling
- Simulated audit
- Non-conformity report writing
- Audit summary report
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone with prior knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 wishing to learn how perform an internal EMS audit.
On completion of this ISO 14001 Internal Auditor course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics of a ‘good’ auditor
- Determine audit priorities within a given scope, based on risk and impact prioritisation
- Write suitable ems audit checklists
- Perform audit interviews using appropriate questioning techniques
- Write clear and comprehensive non-conformity statements so the auditor can leave a professional audit record behind
- Summarise audit findings and discuss these with a senior manager in a closing meeting
Our IEMA certified ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Training Course can be provided at your offices, a venue of your choice or online on your chosen date. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for organisations wishing to train several employees. The course is led by an ISO 14001 expert tutor and includes a number of interactive workshops focusing on topics such as ‘Writing nonconformity statements’, ‘Interviewing’ and ‘Preparation for Audit’.
Course Dates and Venues
Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
De Vere Cheadle House
De Vere Devonport House
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Ramada Encore Belfast
Hilton Leeds City
Saint Gobain Weber|28th Apr, 2020
Calderdale Council|8th Apr, 2020
Pipeline Engineering|6th Apr, 2020
Veolia Energy Services Ltd|6th Apr, 2020
Steel & Alloy Processing Ltd|24th Feb, 2020
Chapman Taylor LLP|12th Feb, 2020