This 2 day training course will teach you how to conduct ISO 14001 internal audits for conformity, improvement and for system effectiveness.
This training course forms days 2 and 3 of our IEMA Internal Environmental Management System Auditor course. It can be booked as a standalone training session; however, delegates are required to have good knowledge of the ISO 14001 standard and environmental management systems terms and definitions. This training course does not cover the requirements of ISO 14001; it only considers the auditing process. To book the 1st day – Introduction to ISO 14001 in addition to this, please see our Internal Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Auditor training course.
- Introduction to EMS Auditing
- Audit stages, scope and objectives
- Documented information
- Audit planning – prioritising environmental risks
- Key auditor skills, including interviewing techniques, note taking and issue handling
- Simulated audit
- Non-conformity report writing
- Audit summary report
- Understand the characteristics of a ‘good’ auditor
- Determine audit priorities within a given scope, based on risk and impact prioritisation
- Write suitable ems audit checklists
- Perform audit interviews using appropriate questioning techniques
- Write clear and comprehensive non-conformity statements so the auditor can leave a professional audit record behind
- Summarise audit findings and discuss these with a senior manager in a closing meeting