CPDEquivalent to 15 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2 day training course will teach you how to conduct ISO 14001 internal audits for conformity, improvement and for system effectiveness.
This training course forms days 2 and 3 of our IEMA Internal Environmental Management System Auditor course. It can be booked as a standalone training session; however, delegates are required to have good knowledge of the ISO 14001 standard and environmental management systems terms and definitions. This training course does not cover the requirements of ISO 14001; it only considers the auditing process. To book the 1st day – Introduction to ISO 14001 in addition to this, please see our Internal Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Auditor training course.
- Introduction to EMS Auditing
- Audit stages, scope and objectives
- Documented information
- Audit planning – prioritising environmental risks
- Key auditor skills, including interviewing techniques, note taking and issue handling
- Simulated audit
- Non-conformity report writing
- Audit summary report
Some individuals find it beneficial to attend our Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training course to gain an understanding of management systems and the requirements (clauses) of ISO 14001 prior to attending our ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course. We recommend students to have this prior knowledge. Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- Understand the characteristics of a ‘good’ auditor
- Determine audit priorities within a given scope, based on risk and impact prioritisation
- Write suitable ems audit checklists
- Perform audit interviews using appropriate questioning techniques
- Write clear and comprehensive non-conformity statements so the auditor can leave a professional audit record behind
- Summarise audit findings and discuss these with a senior manager in a closing meeting
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Hilton Leeds City
TWMA|4th Jun, 2021
DHL Parcel|1st Jun, 2021
Momentum Transport Consultancy|31st May, 2021
Relyon Nutec|28th May, 2021
National Trust|27th May, 2021
Morgan Sindall|27th May, 2021