Frequently Asked Questions
We have a large selection of frequently asked questions organised by subject area.
Select a category a below to filter out relevant questions or search here.
If you can't find what you're looking for you can ask us a question here.
- Before and during the course (6)
- Booking and payment (13)
- Certificates of attendance (5)
- Certified courses (10)
- Choosing a training venue (2)
- Course structure and tutors (5)
- CQI and IRCA exams (14)
- Cyber security (6)
- Dedicated training (8)
- Online training in the Virtual Classroom (8)
- Post course and feedback (3)
- Standards and ISO (5)
- Understanding business improvement (8)
- Why train with Bywater (4)
Lean is a business improvement methodology that focuses on raising levels of efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and eliminating waste.
Lean can be used to improve a wide variety of business activities, including manufacturing, service and administrative processes. It can also be used to improve the quality of products and services, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
The Lean philosophy is based on five principles:
- Identifying the value that customers place on the products or services that you provide.
- Using value streams to map the flow of activities required to create and deliver those products or services.
- Improving flow by removing waste from the value stream through eliminating unnecessary steps, delays, and duplication.
- Applying ‘pull’ to produce products or services only when customers demand them.
- Aiming for perfection by striving for continuous improvement in all aspects of your operations.