Frequently Asked Questions
We have a large selection of frequently asked questions organised by subject area.
Select a category a below to filter out relevant questions or search here.
If you can't find what you're looking for you can ask us a question here.
- Before and during the course (6)
- Booking and payment (13)
- Certificates of attendance (5)
- Certified courses (10)
- Choosing a training venue (2)
- Course structure and tutors (5)
- CQI and IRCA exams (14)
- Cyber security (6)
- Dedicated training (8)
- Online training in the Virtual Classroom (8)
- Post course and feedback (3)
- Standards and ISO (5)
- Understanding business improvement (8)
- Why train with Bywater (4)
ISO 9001:2015 is the latest version of a widely-recognised international standard for quality management systems (QMS). A QMS is a set of processes that an organisation uses to ensure that its products and services meet customer requirements.
Benefits of a QMS can include:
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Reduced costs
- Increased market share
- Improved employee morale
- Enhanced brand reputation
ISO 9001 does not specify exactly how an organisation should implement its QMS, but it does explain the requirements that an organisation must meet to be professionally certified to the standard.
The key requirements of ISO 9001:2015 include:
- Focus on meeting customer needs
- Commitment to the QMS from top management through leadership and support
- Planning of activities and processes to meet their quality objectives
- Resources and infrastructure in place to implement and maintain the QMS
- Operation of processes effectively and efficiently
- Measurement, analysis and improvement of processes and products to ensure quality objectives are being met, and any problems to be identified and corrected.