Frequently Asked Questions
We have a large selection of frequently asked questions organised by subject area.
Select a category a below to filter out relevant questions or search here.
If you can't find what you're looking for you can ask us a question here.
- Before and during the course (6)
- Booking and payment (13)
- Certificates of attendance (5)
- Certified courses (10)
- Choosing a training venue (2)
- Course structure and tutors (5)
- CQI and IRCA exams (14)
- Cyber security (6)
- Dedicated training (8)
- Online training in the Virtual Classroom (8)
- Post course and feedback (3)
- Standards and ISO (5)
- Understanding business improvement (8)
- Why train with Bywater (4)
ISO 45001 is an international standard that specifies the requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system. An OH&S management system is a framework that helps organisations manage their OH&S risks and improve their OH&S performance.
Benefits of implementing ISO 45001 include:
- Reduced occupational injuries and diseases
- Greater compliance with OH&S regulations
- Better efficiency and cost savings
- Enhanced reputation and brand image
ISO 45001 is a voluntary standard, but many organisations choose to take the step of becoming certified to ISO 45001 by a professional body. Certification demonstrates to customers, suppliers and other stakeholders that the organisation is committed to OH&S.
Key concepts of ISO 45001 include:
- Risk assessment to identify and evaluate OH&S risks
- Control measures resulting in actions taken to reduce OH&S risks
- Monitoring and measurement to track and evaluate the effectiveness of the OH&S management system
- Continual improvement of the OH&S management system.