Frequently Asked Questions
We have a large selection of frequently asked questions organised by subject area.
Select a category a below to filter out relevant questions or search here.
If you can't find what you're looking for you can ask us a question here.
- Before and during the course (6)
- Booking and payment (13)
- Certificates of attendance (5)
- Certified courses (10)
- Choosing a training venue (2)
- Course structure and tutors (5)
- CQI and IRCA exams (14)
- Cyber security (6)
- Dedicated training (8)
- Online training in the Virtual Classroom (8)
- Post course and feedback (3)
- Standards and ISO (5)
- Understanding business improvement (8)
- Why train with Bywater (4)
There are steps you can take before your training course to help you make the most of your training, such as:
- Gain some understanding of the course topic. Before you start the training course, it's helpful to have a basic understanding of the subject matter that you will be working with. You can find information about specific ISO standards, for example, on the website of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Take advantage of pre-course activities that are offered. This could include quizzes and tasks to complete.
- Gather any relevant documentation. If, for example, your organisation is already certified to the relevant ISO standard, you may want to gather any supporting documentation, such as your quality manual, procedures, and records. This will help you understand how your organisation is currently meeting requirements.
- Set some goals for yourself. What do you hope to achieve by taking this course? Do you want to learn new skills, improve your knowledge of a particular area, or simply get a better understanding of how businesses operate?
- Be prepared to participate. Our training courses are typically interactive and involve a lot of discussion and participation. To get the most out of the course, be prepared to participate in class discussions, ask questions, and complete exercises.