CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The first day of this 2-day course starts with an overview of the standard before looking at important considerations in planning an implementation, including context, scope and life cycle, together with ways to identify and assess environmental aspects, impacts, risks and opportunities.
Day 2 takes a closer look at the standard’s requirements on topics such as roles, processes, monitoring, documentation and management reviews.
Students benefit throughout the course from a practical mix of tutorials, discussions and workshops.
By the end of the course delegates will understand the requirements and considerations for implementing ISO 14001 within their organisation.
- those wishing to implement and maintain an ISO 14001 environmental management system (EMS)
- environmental managers needing to understand the feasibility of implementing an ISO 14001 based EMS
- managers with responsibility for the effectiveness of an existing ISO 14001 management system
- staff needing an in-depth understanding of ISO 14001 requirements
- an overview of ISO 14001:2015, its content and structure
- sustainability, sustainable development and ISO 14001
- the need for a life cycle perspective within the EMS
- identification and assessment of environmental aspects and impacts
- examination of core requirements of ISO 14001 within a structured sequence
- the process of a gap analysis
- consideration of the design of the EMS
- exploration of a common example for implementing an ISO 14001 EMS
- responsibilities, competence and communication
- the certification process
- EMS maintenance and audit programmes
- understand what is required for the implementation of an ISO 14001 EMS, including the process of a gap analysis, implementation phases and the maintenance of an effective EMS
- explain to internal and external audiences how an EMS can benefit an organisation’s environmental performance.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
NMB Minebea UK Ltd|22nd Jul, 2022
University of Chichester Business School|12th Jul, 2022
Keystone Lintels|10th Jun, 2022
Horticultural Trades Association|9th Jun, 2022
Palram DPL Ltd|8th Jun, 2022
Ramboll UK Ltd|7th Jun, 2022
Pennant Property Ltd|30th May, 2022
Bureau Veritas|19th May, 2022
Neville UK Plc|19th Apr, 2022
Simply Sustainable Ltd|12th Apr, 2022
Chelverton Asset Management|11th Apr, 2022
London School Of Economics And Political Science|11th Apr, 2022