CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The first day of this 2-day course starts with an overview of the standard before looking at important considerations in planning an implementation, including context, scope and life cycle, together with ways to identify and assess environmental aspects, impacts, risks and opportunities.
Day 2 takes a closer look at the standard’s requirements on topics such as roles, processes, monitoring, documentation and management reviews.
Students benefit throughout the course from a practical mix of tutorials, discussions and workshops.
By the end of the course delegates will understand the requirements and considerations for implementing ISO 14001 within their organisation.
- those wishing to implement and maintain an ISO 14001 environmental management system (EMS)
- environmental managers needing to understand the feasibility of implementing an ISO 14001 based EMS
- managers with responsibility for the effectiveness of an existing ISO 14001 management system
- staff needing an in-depth understanding of ISO 14001 requirements
- an overview of ISO 14001:2015, its content and structure
- sustainability, sustainable development and ISO 14001
- the need for a life cycle perspective within the EMS
- identification and assessment of environmental aspects and impacts
- examination of core requirements of ISO 14001 within a structured sequence
- the process of a gap analysis
- consideration of the design of the EMS
- exploration of a common example for implementing an ISO 14001 EMS
- responsibilities, competence and communication
- the certification process
- EMS maintenance and audit programmes
- understand what is required for the implementation of an ISO 14001 EMS, including the process of a gap analysis, implementation phases and the maintenance of an effective EMS
- explain to internal and external audiences how an EMS can benefit an organisation’s environmental performance.
Delegates will also be awarded with a certificate of completion, as evidence of their new ISO 14001 Implementation skills.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
No, the first day of this course provides a detailed overview of ISO 14001 and the role of environmental management systems (EMS). If you are planning to implement an EMS, this course will provide you with the knowledge you need from scratch.
After completing the course, you will receive a certificate to demonstrate that you now have a clear understanding of what is required to implement and maintain an effective EMS, and that you have gained new skills such as performing a gap analysis. To further enhance your career progression, this course is equivalent to 14 hours of CPD.
While we do offer this course at our venues throughout the UK, you may find it convenient to join us in one of our Virtual Classroom courses. The courses cover the same content, whether they are face to face or online, and you will receive a certificate on completion however you access the training. Virtual Classroom training is highly interactive, so you enjoy the same opportunity to collaborate with other delegates, ask the tutor questions, and take part in workshops, discussions and case studies – just as you would if you were physically in the classroom.
Yes, every delegate receives a training course folder that you can use to follow the course, make notes, and use as a regular reminder of what you have learned.
Bywater is the leading independent training provider in the UK, and we run over a thousand courses at venues and online every year. Our range of ISO 14001 and environmental training courses offer a path from introduction to advanced skills, and are practical courses focused on topics such as auditing, implementation and sustainability. Many of our courses are certified by key professional bodies such as IEMA, and are designed and run by qualified experts with extensive experience in the field.
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Ubitricity Distributed Energy Systems UK Ltd|30th Aug, 2023
Alstom Transport UK Ltd|26th Jul, 2023
Private|11th Jul, 2023
Marine Ventures Ltd|19th Jun, 2023
Private|16th Jun, 2023