CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
ISO 14001 can be used by businesses of all sizes and industries, including those in the service, manufacturing and the public sectors. It is based on the same high level structure (Annex SL) as many other ISO standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 45001, making ISO 14001 easier to integrate into existing management systems.
Implementing ISO 14001 has many benefits and can help organisations to:
- reduce their environmental impact and waste
- comply with government and industry regulations
- increase customer satisfaction by adhering to sustainable development objectives
- influence the way their products and services are designed and used to reduce environmental impacts
- protect against external environmental effects on their organisation
- increase competitiveness through winning more contracts and enabling them to enter tendering processes where certification is necessary
On day one of this ISO 14001 implementation training course delegates gain an understanding of this international standard, including its purpose, structure, requirements and relationship with other management system standards.
On day two the course will focus on the demands for developing a management system to meet the requirements of ISO 14001. This will include learning about the requirements for conducting a gap analysis, developing policy and objectives, certification considerations and maintaining the EMS.
- An overview of ISO 14001:2015, its content & structure, the revision process & the high-level structure of Annex SL
- Sustainability, Sustainable Development & ISO 14001
- The need for a Life Cycle Perspective within the EMS
- Examination of core requirements of ISO14001 within a structured sequence
- The process of a gap analysis
- Consideration of the design of the EMS
- Exploring a common example for implementing an ISO 14001 EMS
- The certification process
- EMS maintenance and audit programmes
- Those looking to implement and maintain an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- Environmental managers looking to understand the feasibility for implementing an ISO 14001 EMS
- Managers who have responsibility over the effectiveness of an existing ISO 14001 management system
- Staff needing an in depth understanding to what ISO 14001 requires
- understand what is required for the implementation of an ISO 14001 EMS, including the process of a gap analysis, implementation phases and the maintenance of an effective EMS
- communicate internally & externally how an EMS can benefit an organisation’s environmental performance.
Bywater offers ISO 14001 Consultancy services for those who require additional support to implement an EMS and achieve ISO 14001 certification, to learn more please click here.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Bollore Logistics|29th Nov, 2021
Magna Exteriors (Liverpool) Ltd|2nd Nov, 2021
VPK Packaging Limited|28th Oct, 2021
Natwest|27th Oct, 2021
Natwest|26th Oct, 2021
Align JV|18th Oct, 2021