CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Interactive workshops give delegates the opportunity to practise new skills, such as creating an audit checklist and writing a nonconformity report.
- those who wish to audit a management system or process
- staff whose organisations are due to be audited and who need to gain an understanding of the process
- auditors seeking to refresh their auditing knowledge
This Fundamentals of Auditing training course does not focus on auditing against a specific standard. If you are looking for a course that provides these skills, then we recommend looking instead at our two-day Internal Auditor training courses or our five-day CQI and IRCA certified Lead Auditor training courses.
- Introduction to auditing
- Audit objectives
- Process-based management systems
- Audit checklists
- Management system documentation
- Managing the internal audit programme
- The internal audit process (preparation, performance, reporting, follow-up)
- Question styles and sampling
- Nonconformity writing
- Attributes and characteristics of an auditor
- apply differing questioning styles and sampling techniques to the audit of processes
- understand the skills necessary to plan and prepare for an internal audit
- create audit checklists
- gather objective evidence through interviews and sampling of records
- describe the responsibilities of the internal auditor and the role of internal audits in maintaining and improving systems and delivering business benefits
- write factual nonconformity reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system
Delegates will also receive a Certificate of Completion which will serve as evidence of their new auditing skills.
Course dates and venues
The Fundamentals of Auditing training course explains the role of the auditor generically, without referring to any specific standard. For those who do then want to focus on auditing against a particular standard, we offer a range of certified Lead Auditor and Internal Auditor courses that will give delegates deeper understanding and practical skills.
No, this course will provide you with a basic understanding of auditing, the role of the auditor, and the skills and processes involved in auditing. It is suitable for those who are new to the concept of auditing, and also provides a useful refresher for those who are already working in the field.
As an established and certified training provider, we offer a training path for those who are interested in auditing. We provide lead auditor and internal auditor courses against a wide range of standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 27001. We can also help you extend your knowledge into areas such as business improvement and leadership.
You can choose to train at one of our venues across the UK, or join us in our Virtual Classroom. Whether face-to-face or online, we focus on live, interactive training, to give you the best opportunity to learn through working with our experienced tutors through discussions, workshops and case studies.
No, this is an introductory course which will give you the knowledge needed to take a certified course relating to a specific standard. For example, our flagship ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor course is certified by CQI and IRCA, the professional body focusing on quality management systems.
You will receive a Bywater certificate at the end of this course, offering evidence of your up-to-date auditing knowledge and skills. The course also contributes to your continuing development programme, providing the equivalent of 7 CPD hours.
Oak Dry Lining|1st Dec, 2023
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Scottish Leather Group Operations Limited|24th Nov, 2023
Google|22nd Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Nexteq Plc|9th Nov, 2023