DURATION OF COURSE5 days
CPDEquivalent to 35 Hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is an essential training course for anyone responsible for environmental improvements within the workplace. It will help delegates make more informed decisions on environmental and sustainability initiatives by offering practical guidance, tools and techniques that go beyond traditional environmental compliance concepts.
This five-day training course represents the very latest approach for environmental management and is designed to:
- Provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills relating to “bigger picture” environmental issues and how they link to challenges organisations face worldwide.
- Get to grips with how an environmental management system (EMS) based on ISO 14001 can be approached, implemented and deliver business results.
- Ensure compliance requirements are understood and to conduct the right diligence checks.
- provide associate membership to attendees allowing access to a huge library of practical tools, guidance notes and updates to allow continuous progression
- Why do we Need to Become More Sustainable?
- Fundamentals of Sustainability
- Principles of Sustainable Business and Corporate Governance
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Environmental principles
- Pollution and pollution control
- Introduction to policy, regulation and legislation
- Key environmental legislation and enforcement
- Environmental regulators and penalties
- Supporting change and transformation
- Environmental management systems
- Data management and interpretation
- Environmental auditing
- Impact assessment and other tools
- Reporting (corporate reporting, green claims and business case for sustainability)
- Reframing (improving sustainability performance)
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who holds responsibilities for environmental improvements within the workplace.
You may be wanting to start a career in environmental management, be part of an environmental scheme within your business already or be new to an environmental role and wanting to gain environmental and sustainability expertise.
By the end of this IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course delegates will be able to:
- Support change and deliver direct improvements that contribute to your organisation’s environmental goals in turn saving money and building a strong reputation for your business
- Identify how an environmental management system based on ISO 14001 can be approached, implemented and deliver business results
- Delegates will become an Associate Member of IEMA. This membership provides access to a huge library of practical tools, guidance notes and updates to allow continuous progression. Along with providing recognition for the knowledge gained
Bywater’s IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is provided on a dedicated basis at your offices, a venue of your choice or online. The course includes interactive activities and workshops which encourage team discussions and act as a platform for later discussions on managing environmental sustainability risks and opportunities within your organisation.
Premier Partnership|26th Oct, 2020
Cheriton Lodge Ltd|26th Oct, 2020
Cobalt Ground Solutions Limited|25th Oct, 2020
Johnson Matthey|24th Oct, 2020
CTS UK Ltd|23rd Oct, 2020
Private|23rd Oct, 2020