CPDEquivalent to 13 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day dedicated course is designed specifically for the services industry. It includes real-world examples, interactive workshops and modules to encourage teams to discuss how they can successfully solve service delivery problems within their organisation.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to use a variety of quality and service improvement tools to identify, control and prevent the causes of chronic and recurring problems. By taking a systems-based approach, they will improve the quality of customer service and raise staff morale.
- managers and continuous improvement professionals responsible for improving service delivery or investigating customer complaints
- managers and those responsible for improving management systems, processes and procedures
- quality managers
- internal and external auditors
- problem-solving team members and leaders
For those wishing to learn about RCA outside the services sector, we recommend our Root Cause Analysis for all Industry Sectors training course. We also offer a Root Cause Analysis for NHS and Healthcare Professionals training course.
- why and how service delivery problems arise
- problem-solving teams
- RCA systems and processes
- process models, measurement, controls and failures
- investigating problems
- gathering information from people
- gathering evidence
- finding and proving the cause(s)
- human error
- tools and techniques
- using statistics in problem solving
- understanding ‘common causes’ and ‘special causes’
- improving process control
- preventing problem recurrence
- making improvements
- minimising the risk of change
- lead or participate in effective problem-solving teams
- use appropriate tools and techniques to identify and document the root causes of incidents and recurring problems in their organisation
- propose and evaluate solutions to prevent problems recurring and improve customer satisfaction
- communicate their findings and recommendations to their colleagues, senior management and customers
- engage senior management in improving the system to remove the ‘common causes’, as well as controlling random initiatives that may destabilise processes that are currently ‘under control’
Delegates will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in recognition of their enhanced knowledge and skills in Root Cause Analysis for the service industry, and their dedication to continuous improvement.
Customer satisfaction is key to customer loyalty and retention in the services industry. If service is below expectations, customers will look elsewhere. This applies not just to the actual service that a provider is delivering, but also to its customer relationship management, from sales to support.
To address this challenge, failures and inefficiencies in a service provider’s systems need to be identified and rectified on an ongoing basis, both to resolve issues and to prevent their recurrence.
This training course focuses on how root cause analysis can be applied to find and fix faults.
Organisations that have attended this Bywater course, amongst others, include police forensics, consultants, financial institutions, laboratories, and pathology services.
Yes, we have a choice of RCA courses.
If you work in healthcare, you may find the most benefit from attending our Root Cause Analysis for the NHS and Healthcare training course.
Alternatively, our Root Cause Analysis Training for all Industry Sectors offers valuable insights into the strategies and tools for identifying and rectifying process problems in any organisation.
If you are unsure about the right course for you, please contact our team to discuss your requirements.
Yes, you will receive a certificate from Bywater after the course to state you have learned new RCA skills on our training course.
The course is also equivalent to 13 hours CPD.
We always ask for feedback and are proud of the positive comments we receive, while welcoming any suggestions for improvement.
Many attendees have remarked on the knowledge and communication skills of the tutors, the value of the interactive environment, and the applicability of the training to their own roles.
Comments that past attendees have made about the tutors and course content include:
- ‘The tutor was knowledgeable, friendly, encouraging and thought provoking’
- ‘Provided me with a different way of thinking of root cause analysis’
- ‘The most useful modules of the course were the practical examples, and opportunities for questions and feedback’
Attendees could also see immediate ways in which they could apply their learning:
- ‘I have gained an understanding of different ways to view/investigate a problem’
- ‘Very applicable to our routine work. The tutor was great and explained very well’
- ‘The tutor was confident and clear in presentation, and showed empathy towards the issues that our lab staff face’
- ‘I will use what I have learnt to involve others in incidents more and getting more perspective on errors’
- ‘This was exactly what I needed in order to investigate incidences more thoroughly’
Root cause analysis training is one element of our broad programme of courses focusing on business improvement.
You may like to look at:
Alexander Dennis Ltd|5th Dec, 2023
Alexander Dennis Ltd|1st Dec, 2023
Qinetiq Target Systems|18th Aug, 2023
Private|8th Aug, 2023
West Midlands Police|28th Jul, 2023
NHS|18th Jul, 2023
Nightingale Hospital|14th Apr, 2023
Nightingale Hospital|13th Apr, 2023
Scottish Power C O Hemsley Fraser|28th Feb, 2023
Geodis FF United Kingdom Ltd|22nd Feb, 2023
NHS Property Services Ltd|17th Oct, 2022
Barden Bearings|27th Sep, 2022