DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 8 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
This workshop will develop knowledge of the Articles and Annexes of the Directive and points the way to other sources of documentation. It provides a detailed overview of the Directive and the relevance of the Directive to Medical Device manufacturers in manufacturing CE marked medical devices. Regulatory Bodies and their roles are defined in the directive, together with classification criteria and the routes to EC Declaration of Conformity and the use of the CE Mark
- Expectations of the EU in applying risk analysis to medical devices
- Scope of the European Directive 93/42/EEC, its 22 articles and 12 annexes
- The roles of the bodies defined in the Directive, particularly the MHRA
- The allowed paths to be able to use a Declaration of conformity and the CE mark
- The Essential Requirements and the role of risk assessment
- Incident reporting requirements and the role of post production surveillance
- Classification criteria and clinical evaluation requirements
- Sources of information and further guidance
- General Managers / Business Unit Managers
- Quality and Regulatory Professionals
- Management representatives / Internal and External Auditors
- Those seeking an understanding of the Directive
- Apply the articles of the European Directive 93/42/EEC and follow the acceptable paths to enable the use of a Declaration of Conformity and the CE Mark.
- Apply risk evaluation and risk control principles to their devices which affect decision making on the acceptability of risks in bringing a device to market.
North Wales Police|4th Dec, 2020
MedTechExpert Ltd|28th Oct, 2020
Element Materials Technology|15th Oct, 2020
Hertfordshire Constabulary|8th Oct, 2020
Kimberly Clark|6th Oct, 2020
West Midlands Police|5th Oct, 2020