Statistical Process Control Training
This course is designed for Management Representatives, Implementation Teams, Internal Auditors and others who are involved in the auditing or implementation of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
Familiarity with basic statistical concepts would be beneficial but not necessary.
Delegates will become competent in implementing, undertaking and auditing Statistical Process Control concepts including variable and attribute studies.
- Understand the purpose of SPC
- Understand variable and attribute data and the types of charts used for each
- Understand methods of constructing control charts, calculating control limits and interpreting data
- Understand the term process capability and methods of calculating
- SPC requirements in ISO/TS16949
- Terminology: Process, Process control and SPC
- Variable and attribute data
- Statistical concepts: mean, mode and median
- Data distribution
- Run charts
- SPC chart selection
- Average and range (X bar & R charts)
- Calculating control limits
- Interpreting control
- Calculating process capability
- Over adjustment
- Other charts for variable data
- Attribute charts
The course includes interactive exercises and case studies.
Who should attend
The course is designed for people involved in, or who plan to be involved in, undertaking or auditing of Statistical Process Control studies. A basic understanding of statistical concepts would be beneficial but not essential.
Who will deliver the training?
The course is delivered by SMMT Industry Forum trainers with direct experience of working in the automotive supply chain.
Course Dates/Venues (select a date to book)