ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Training Course (IEMA Approved)
Course title: Lead Environmental Auditor
An IEMA Approved ISO 14001 Course
Environmental Auditing provides a proactive mechanism not only for identifying non-conformances to agreed practices, which could prejudice good performance, but also for identifying opportunities for enhancing performance. Properly focused, it is a key process both for ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 and for driving continuous improvement in a company's environmental performance.
This five day IEMA Approved Lead Environmental Auditing Course
is designed to take an individual, new to Management System auditing and ISO 14001, to a full understanding of the processes and techniques of EMS auditing and the requirements of ISO 14001. Pre-course study of the ISO 14001 standard and EMAS is required to prepare delegates for the course.
The course, which equally applies to service sectors as well as manufacturing, delivers its learning through theory, case studies and workshop sessions and includes a two and a half hour examination.
This course is the only single IEMA training course which fully meets the classroom training requirements for EMS Auditor registration.
The course is comprehensive, addressing EMS auditing, ISO 14001, EMAS, Environmental legislation, Policies and Objectives and Environmental Aspects Analysis; everything that is needed to enable delegates to become effective 2nd or 3rd party EMS auditors.
- Environmental Performance Drivers, Benefits and Barriers
- EMS Standards, Fundamentals and Definitions
- In-depth Study of ISO 14001
- The Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
- Environmental Pollution Control Legislation
- Environmental Policies, Objectives and Targets
- Environmental Aspects Analysis
- The Audit Process; Planning and Preparation; Performance; Reporting; Audit Follow-up
- The IEMA EMS Auditor Registration Scheme
Who should attend
- Those who will be involved in auditing Environmental Management Systems either in-depth internally or as 2nd or 3rd party auditors
- Managers who are responsible for EMS audits
- This course is suitable for those new to both auditing and ISO 14001
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- environmental concerns and the benefits of improvement
- ISO 14001 and EMAS and the certification processes
- how to identify and analyse environmental aspects
- the role and responsibilities of an EMS auditor
and be able to:
- prepare, plan and perform an EMS audit
- evaluate and report on an EMS audit
- verify the successful implementation of actions
Course Dates/Venues (select a date to book)